Financial Backbone Round Up and Uncommon Money News
|November 2, 2010||Posted by Roshawn Watson under Uncategorized|
For more, see The Problem With Being Budget Minded Is Other People
Thought Questions: Why would (or wouldn’t) you support this extravagant wedding?
Now, it’s time to do the weekly Uncommon Money News and Yakezie Round Up.
Uncommon Money News and Yakezie Round Up
In preparing to write my posts, I often come across noteworthy and sometimes bizarre financial and business news. Below are links to some of these sites. Enjoy!
To my readers: I am so honored by your support. Together, we are telling thousands of the importance of financial literacy. I absolutely could not do it without you: you are vital! Thank you sincerely.
Personal Finance (Yakezie and other PF bloggers)
Would You Pay For An Extravagant Wedding? at Everyday Tips and Thoughts– Kris weighs in of the difficult money dilemma: do you violate your frugal values to appease a family.
Diversity Leads to Innovation at First Generation American – Sandy discusses the advantage of bring diversity into projects and the workplace.
Make More Money By Working Two Jobs at Money Reasons – Money Reasons discusses the advantages of having additional income sources. Diverse income is typically a very good thing.
What’s Wrong with This Picture at DIY Investing – Robert discusses how misleading advertising for investments can dupe most readers. In this example, he discusses the differences between total return and yield.
Six Monopolies That You Didn’t Know Ruled The World
Economics In One Lesson at Invest It Wisely – Kevin reviews Henry Hazlitt‘s insightful book from 1946, which eerily attempts to forewarn us of so many financial mistakes that we have recently made. Get free PDF here.
Entertainment Money News
- Carnival of Personal Finance at Consumerism Commentary – Toyota Millionaires vs Mercedes Millionaires
- Festival of Frugality at Magical Penny– The Problem With Being Budget Minded Is Other People (Editor’s #1 Pick)
- Carnival of Financial Planning at The Skilled Investor– Economists Blame ME for the Slow Recovery and Why Is Debt Really Decreasing?’ and 7 Surprising Facts About Millionaires
Round ups that linked to posts from this site
Kevin at Invest it Wisely – Weekend Reading- Halloween Edition
- Mich at Beating The Index – Weekend Edition: Orange, Black, & Green Halloween
- Kris at Everyday Tips and Thoughts – Trick or Treat and Reading…
- Money Reasons – A Look Back
Side Note: Make Your Vote Count Today!
Copyright 2012, Roshawn Watson, Pharm.D., Ph.D. All Rights Reserved.