Does your baby cost $40,000 a month?, Yakezie Round Up, and Uncommon Money News
|September 7, 2010||Posted by Roshawn Watson under Uncategorized|
By: Roshawn Watson
The beleaguered Mel Gibson’s baby-mama drama has reached a new stratosphere. Oksana Grigorieva, the mother of Mel Gibson’s 9-month old daughter, presently receives $2,500 a month child support for her eldest son (from a different relationship) and $5,000 a month from Mel Gibson. Mel also pays for the Sherman Oaks house where they live.
However, Oksana has now decided that is no longer good enough and wants Mel to fork out a whopping $40,000 a month, meaning the 9-month old would receive some 20 times what her 13 year old receives. Gibson IS loaded, and she knows it. Apparently, the depths of Oksana’s greed know no bounds. After all, just how much do pampers, clothes, babysitters, and formula costs?
Thought Question: What do you think the judge should do with Oksana’s request for increased support?
Now, it’s time to do the weekly Uncommon Money News and Yakezie Round Up.
Uncommon Money News and Yakezie Round Up
In preparing to write my posts, I often come across noteworthy and sometimes bizarre financial and business news. Below are links to some of these sites. Enjoy!
This week I participated in 3 carnivals:
- Carnival of Financial Planning hosted at the Skilled Investor. It included Economists Blame ME for the Slow Recovery and Why Is Debt Really Decreasing?
- Jeff hosted the Carnival of Personal Finance #273 at Sustainable Life Blog. It included 7 Surprising Facts About Millionaires
- Daniel hosted the Festival of Frugality at Sweating the Big Stuff. It Included Is Extreme Frugality for You
- David from Money Crashers included Is Extreme Frugality for You? in the Personal Finance Round-Up: The Real Skinny on The Cheapest Long Distance
- ”Junebug” from Junebug’s Musings included Is Extreme Frugality for You? in her Sociable Sundays Round Up
- Khaleef from KNS Financial included My Big, Fat Trashy Home: The Fall of the McMansion in his Trashy, McMansion edition Round Up (cool title, what’s the inspiration
- 2 cents from Balance Junkie included Is Extreme Frugality for You? in her 20 cents from August Monthly Round Up
To my readers: I am so honored by your support. Thank you for reading, subscribing, and for voting for articles from this site on social bookmarketing sites such as stumbleupon, reddit, delicious, digg, propeller, twitter, and yahoo buzz. Together, we are telling thousands of the importance of financial literacy. I absolutely could not do it without you. You are vital to this site, and I appreciate your! Thank you sincerely
Posts of Week
What constitute cruel treatment of animals versus good business? (Invest It Wisely)
Entertainment Money News
Nic Cage Has Finally Settled Accountant Lawsuit
Personal Finance (Yakezie Round Up and a few other PF bloggers)
7 ways to save money on college textbooks (By Khaleef at KNS Financial)
Which do you pick: Kid’s college tuition or your retirement? (By: Joe at Joe Taxpayer)
What constitute cruel treatment of animals versus good business? (By: Kevin at Invest it Wisely)
The 10 August posts you should be reading (By: 2 cents at Balance Junkie)
Personal Finance Round Up (By: David at Money Crashers)
Spending Too Much Money and Course Correction (By: Sam at Financial Samurai)
Copyright 2012, Roshawn Watson, Pharm.D., Ph.D. All Rights Reserved.