The Architect Round Up
|January 25, 2012||Posted by Roshawn Watson under Uncategorized|
By: Roshawn Watson
It’s been a few weeks since I have done a round up. Here are some uncommon articles and carnivals that I have participated in.
Thanks to all of my readers, subscribers to this site, and followers on twitter (all 6100 of you!). I also thank the sites that have featured posts from here in their round ups and those that accepted my two recent guest posts. I’m so appreciative to all of those who have supported me for some time now and to my brand new readers. Thanks for helping me champion financial literacy!
Uncommon Round Up
- Be The Architect of Your Own Life (Pick The Brain) – This empowerment post quotes Leonardo Di Vinci, career coaches, and much more. It resonated with many, and several stated that it was insightful, so I naturally want to share it with you.
- In God We Trust: Your Money And A Higher Power (The Simple Dollar) – This is a high-level, thought-provoking post. All too often people are so used to providing excuses for their lack of productivity, that they will convincingly justify doing nothing for a prolonged period of time in the name of religion.
- Let There Be Light (Money Cone) – This scholarly article is an easy pick for me. In addition to being well-researched and including figures and tables, it presents the data for incandescent, CFL, and LED bulbs in an accessible way. If you are looking for an authoritative article on the subject, this is a very good choice.
- Consumer is King, Believe It or Not. Now Act Like One (One Cent At a Time) – Did you realize that consumers are royalty? To be perfectly honest, we often forget just how much power we hold. If we change our conduct to be more kingly, you’ll be surprised by the response.
- 31 Days to Improve Your Financial Life (PT Money) – Philip had put together exhaustive posts all month long on improving your finances. I was so happy that he included December’s unrealistically high goals post in this edition.
- 5 Jaw-Dropping Financial Advisor Interview Questions (The Free Financial Advisor) – Average Joe present five good questions to ask when hiring a financial advisor. I think these questions actually apply to other professionals as well.
- The 10 Steps Between a Vague Idea and Definite Success (The Money Principle) – I enjoy posts that make me think. Lately, I’ve been discussing many success principles. In this article, Maria outlines the how to move into success from a non-specific idea. It is an interesting read.
- Retiring Abroad — A Few Things to Ponder (101 Centavos) – This post prompts the reader to work through some of the practical issues of retiring abroad. Unfortunately, it is not all palm trees and hammocks.
- 5 Signs You May Be Trapped in a Dead-End Job (Invest It Wisely) – Being professionally trapped can be disheartening and mentally and emotionally damaging. If you feel trapped, then consider the steps to get unstuck. I certainly don’t want to sound trite, but I also don’t want to advocate staying at a job you hate for 40 years.
Other Honorable Mentions: Thanks to Barbara Friedberg, Net Worth Protect, and Debt Blackhole Thank you for your support as well.
Carnival’s I have recently participated in:
Best of Money Carnival
Best of Money Carnival #133 @ One Cent At A Time (Editor’s Pick)
Carnival of Personal Finance
Carnival of Personal Finance #340 @ Financial Success for Young Adults
Carnival of Personal Finance #341 @ Money CactusCarnival of Personal Finance #342 @ Sweating The Big Stuff
Carnival of Personal Finance #343 @ Wealth Pilgrim
Carnival of Personal Finance #344 @ Diva In Debt (Editor’s Pick)
Carnival of Personal Finance #345 @ Matt About Money (Editor’s Pick)
Carnival of Financial Camaraderie
Carnival of Financial Camaraderie #12 @ My University Money
Carnival Of Financial Camaraderie #13 @ Christmas Edition @ My University Money
Carnival of Financial Camaraderie #15 @ Boomer and Echo
Carnival of Financial Camaraderie #16 @ My University Money
Carnival of Financial Camaraderie #17 @ Financial Success for Young Adults
Festival Of Frugality
Festival of Frugality #310 @ Help Me To Save
Festival of Frugality #312 @ The Magic Penny (Editor’s Pick)
Festival of Frugality #320 @ Squirrelers
Yakezie Carnival @ MJTM
Yakezie Carnival @ Broke Professionals
Yakezie Carnival @ Prairie Eco Thrifter
Yakezie Carnival @ Little House In The Valley
Totally Money Carnival
Totally Money Carnival #46 @ Help Me To Save
Totally Money Carnival #48 @ Help Me To Save
Totally Money Carnival #49 @ Mother Miser (Editor’s Pick)
Totally Money Carnival #50 @ Family Money Values
Copyright 2012, Roshawn Watson, Pharm.D., Ph.D. All Rights Reserved.